The San Angelo Metropolitan Planning Organization Policy Board is comprised of representatives from the City of San Angelo, Texas Department of Transportation, Tom Green County, San Angelo Chamber of Commerce, and Concho Valley Council of Governments. State and Federal elected officials are represented as non-voting members.
The Policy Board provides direction and guidance for transportation planning within the MPO boundary. The Board is responsible for ensuring conformance with federal regulations, which include requiring that highways, mass transit, and other transportation facilities and services are consistent with urban development.
The board is also responsible for reviewing and approving the Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP), Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), and Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP).
San Angelo MPO Policy Board Members
- Brenda Gunter* - Chairperson - Mayor, City of San Angelo
- Steve Floyd* - County Judge, Tom Green County
- Chris Cowen - District Engineer, San Angelo TxDOT
- John DeWitt - Director of Transportation Planning & Development, San Angelo TxDOT
- Daniel Valenzuela - City Manager, City of San Angelo
- John Austin Stokes - Executive Director, CVTD
- Walt Koenig - San Angelo Chamber of Commerce
- Mike Conaway - U.S. Representative Non-voting member
- Drew Darby - State Representative Non-voting member
- Charles Perry - State Senator Non-voting member
- Kirk Fauver - Realty Specialist FHWA Texas Division Non-voting member
- * denotes elected official
San Angelo MPO Meeting Information
San Angelo MPO Policy Board meetings are usually held semi-monthly and open to the public. At these meetings, current transportation issues are discussed and status reports on transportation studies and projects are given. After these discussions are completed, policy actions are taken that may include adoption of TIP and UPWP, revision to these documents or the Metropolitan Transportation Plan, and adoption of resolutions related to current transportation issues.
MPO staff and other participating agencies provide continued technical support to the transportation-planning program. This technical information is reviewed in detail so a relatively finished product is passed to the MPO Policy Board.
Next Scheduled Meeting Information
|Date:||Aprl 8, 2021|
San Angelo MPO Bylaws
The San Angelo Metropolitan Planning Organization Bylaws define the membership, officers, functions, duties, and responsibilities of the San Angelo Metropolitan Planning Organization. It also includes requirements for meetings, committees, rules, and records.
The document below describes the composition of the San Angelo MPO.